Friday, October 28, 2011

Sally Hanson Lace Review


Hello loves!

This post will be strictly about the Sally Hanson Nail effects. The first set I purchased was from Walmart and was the leopard print design. I ABSOLUTELY loved the leopard design and how long it stayed on my nails but it just wasn't the same for the lace design. As much as I loved the lace look, it also gave me problems...

Pros:
  • Fast nail art technique
As you probably already know the lace look is hard to pull off unless you have the time, energy, and patience...and since I do not this nail effects comes in handy when I'm looking for a quick nail design
  • Simple Process
Seriously these are as simple as they come! First you find the best sticker to fit each nail, and all you do is peel them off and stick onto your nails. The whole process takes less than 10 minutes...which is much faster than painting nails with nail polish.

Cons:
  • Chips easily
Weird how the leopard nail effects didn't chip as much as these but they did. Boo. It didn't even last me 4 days without it chipping...keep in mind this is with a top coat overlay.
  • Cost
As much as I love the look, I personally can't stand that these nail effects are $10 a set. This is why the only time I purchase these are when they're on SALE! I did that recently when Walgreens had a special for each set for $5...win. 
  • Resembles "shatter" look
This con can actually be a pro depending on you but for me it resembles the OPI shatter look too much from far away. I got so many "is that shatter on your nails?" questions it got annoying.