Wednesday, October 5, 2011

2. "Meowwww"


Aloha dolls!

This blog post is gonna be about my current/favorite nail polish design I've come across. This nail design involved the following products:

  • Konad nail plate in number 57
  • Black Konad nail polish
  • Konad stamp and excess remover
  • Brown/gold nail polish (I used NYX in antique from longs for $2!)


 Steps:
  1. Paint on a Base nail polish
  2. Paint on one to two coats of Brown/gold nail polish
  3. Use the Konad plate to apply each nail with a leopard design
  4. Apply a top coat to ensure longer lasting nail design and shine

Pros to Konad:
  • Faster way to design nails versus free handing
I'm pretty darn good at free handing nail designs of flowers, zebra lines, and feathers. Although I CAN'T do a great looking leopard design without it looking whack. So Konad is a cool way to get fast nail effects.

  • VERY similar effects to Sally Hanson Nail Effect stickers
OMGHHKP <-----Do you know this phrase? :) Anywhoo yes I'm shocked how similar my nails looked compared to the Sally Hanson nail effects. I personally rather spend my money on these items to make this design then spend $9.99 on Sally nail effects that last me only a week.


Cons to Konad:
  • Costly to buy products:
You not only have to buy the plate with the design you like, you must also buy the nail stamp, excess remover scraper, and the Konad SPECIAL nail polish. Which is unfortunately necessary because it hardens to create a amazing finish/look. 

Recommendation:
    • Buy products in a set or on sale:
Konad sells sets for $10 or more that include a nail plate, stamp, excess polish remover, and a small Konad special nail polish. Although another option is buying Konad while on sale. Recently Longs Drugs featured their Konad products for 50% off. Deals like this are the best way to get great deals on hella expensive items like these.

  • Tedious process 
Ugh. My least favorite part of this nail art was that fact that I had to paint the special nail polish onto the plate, wipe off excess, stamp plate, then stamp design onto nail, and lastly remove any nail polish on the above items with nail polish remover. Imagine doing this 10 or so times. It can get easily annoying and bothersome after the fourth time.

Recommendation:
    • Have patience or do designs on only a few nails