Saturday, October 15, 2011

4. Homemade French Tips

Hey girls!

In a past life...or in high school...I ALWAYS painted my nails with the usual french tips. I admit I though it was cute at a time when my nails were all long, not shaped, and not cute at all!

I usually did it myself cause I hated having others do my nails...which meant it was done in the cheapest yet simplest way possible...Ahhh just my style. So for this blog post I'm gonna explain how to get this look without spending too much!

Products I used:

Scotch Tape
Fimo Cane
White Nail Polish

*Remember there are alternatives to each product I used. Instead of tape you can use curved french tip nail stickers. For the nail polish you can use any brand of white nail polish. And for the  fimo cane you can use basic nail stickers to gain the flower look for your nail design.*

Steps:
1. Do NOT apply a base coat --- The tape will ruin the base coat
2. Cut and apply a piece of tape across the tips of your nails...press tape down firmly
3. Apply one to two coats of white nail polish onto your tips and not over any other part of the nail
4. Let nails dry completely 
5. When totally dry peel the tape off of each nail slowly and at a low angle...a low angle helps the nail polish to not stretch just in case the polish is still wet
6. Apply a layer of top coat to each nail
7. If using fimo canes, cut a very thin slice off the cane and apply to selected nail by using your top coat of nail polish as a glue. If using a sticker, apply normally to any nail and press firmly
8. Apply a final layer of top coat for shine and seal!


And there you go! You've got a easy french tip manicure with a sassy flower to add color to any girls nails! 

:)