Sunday, October 9, 2011

Katy Perry Collection...

From L to R: 'Last Friday Night', 'Not Like The Movies',
'The One That Got Away', 'Teenage Dream',
and Black Shatter
I can't believe I caved and brought the entire line of Katy Perry nail polishes from OPI...and yes these are the large bottles.

May I just say that the ONLY reason why I originally brought these polishes were because I adore Katy Perry. Although I've found that some of the polishes are beyond amazing while others lack my enthusiasm.


Polishes:

  • Last Friday Night
At first I hated the clearness of this blue-sparkly polish and its lacking in the cute department. Although I've grown to see that this polish makes a great base color before applying shatter OR a great glitter for over any nail polish...but not worth using alone.


  • Not Like The Movies
This gray polish is cute yet colorful. It's not a usual nail polish...it has various colors of gray, green, purple-ish effect to it. Which I like. Although this is what I call a "finger nails only" nail polish because it only matches me when I wear this polish on my finger nails and not toes nails.


  • The One That Got Away
Oh yes...this polish is amazing but don't let the color fool you. This polish is actually a combo of red and pink with lots of sparkle. For me, I've noticed that this combo makes a excellent toe nail polish...but not a finger nail polish for me. It clashes too easily with my pale hands. Which is one of the main reasons why I never wear red nail polish on my fingers.


  • Teenage Dream
Have you any good reviews on this polish? Well they are quite accurate...this polish is unbelievably cute and looks amazing under black shatter. One coat gives a pretty light sparkle that looks elegant and classy but two coats makes a statement! The only con is that it's a pain in the butt to get off of nails with nail polish remover. Just remember the motto "pain is beauty".


  • Black Shatter
This is the greatest polish idea ever invented. The black shatter is hands down the best shatter from OPI I've ever used. I personally tried the gray, blue, red, white, and turquoise shatter but none of those compare to the black. End of story.

:)